SP Green LeanThe competence platform SP Green Lean is a unique competence centre that combines the Lean philosophy with environmental system analysis and life cycle assessment. This creates significant potential for companies in the food chain to eliminate activities that fail to generate added value (waste). Companies become more efficient, profitable and environmentally sustainable.
Within Green Lean we work from a systems perspective to avoid sub-optimisation, i.e. optimisation in a system that is too narrow, which could on the whole result in increased cost and/or an increase in environmental impact. Sub-optimisation can be found within the company and in supply chains and we are examining how each player contributes to improving the totality.
Key working areas for SP Green Lean:
- Train and support operational development at individual companies, from the production of primary products through to the consumer.
- Research into operational development at individual companies by merging business, production and environmental strategies. An example is the development of Green Lean in the product development process.
- Research involving the identification of waste, losses and environmental impact in different food chains (from field to table) and where potential areas for improvement are highlighted.
- Research into new forms of collaboration in the value chain and how connecting business and production strategies interact.
- Research into simulation tools by combining both efficiency and environmental parameters in order to facilitate the analysis of complex production systems and whole production chains.