Energy-efficient buildings and sustainable societiesBringing together our substantial technical expertise in energy-efficient buildings and system analysis models, we can cover all aspects of energy efficiency improvement and environmental improvement on every scale - from an individual building to urban and land use planning levels.
SP Systems Analysis and SP Zero Emission Buildings competence platforms work together to cover everything from the development of technical processes and solutions, inspection and testing to design reviews and system appraisals for everything from low-energy buildings to zero-energy houses, and even plus-houses.
Our systems analysis modelling expertise enables us to examine the role of buildings in expanded energy systems, from urban block and municipality levels to national and even global levels. The resulting knowledge can then be applied to produce decision-making material for individual projects and up to entire urban and land use planning levels.
Our work includes research, development and evaluation of:
- Energy efficiency improvements and environmental impact
- Life cycle analyses of buildings
- The environmental performance of buildings
- Passive buildings, plus-buildings and plus-zone areas
- Municipal and regional strategies for reduced CO2 emissions.
- Municipal and regional planning and approval structures for renewal and upgrading of the physical environment
- The environmental impact of the service sector