ILISISEmbedded systems are often used in applications with high requirements on safety and reliability. The embedded system must be dependable and behave as expected in order to not cause any risks. A product can include an embedded system for increasing safety.
The three partners in the project SP, Halmstad University and Jönköping University will cooperate in order to support SME with development of embedded systems with high requirements on dependability. This initiative is mainly directed towards enterprises in Västra Götaland, Halland, Småland and Skåne. The project is sponsored by VINNOVA.
The partners will cooperate in order to support SME with development of embedded systems with high requirements on dependability. This initiative is mainly directed towards enterprises in Västra Götaland, Halland, Småland and Skåne. The goal of the cooperation is to support at least 5 projects during 2008 where the partners work together. Through a deepened cooperation within the area of dependable products and embedded systems the three partners will become an even better R&D and technical partner for SME as well as large enterprises.
Expected effects and results
The work shall result in a formulation of the common partner competence and at least 5 common pre-studies together with SMEs shall be performed. The idea is that these shall lead to 5 product related projects during 2008. An expected project result is also a strategical agreement between the partners containing cooperation statements concerning contacts and research offerings to the industry. Cooperation will be documented in a report which may be applicable in other technical areas. Experiences from common contacts with SME and large enterprises as well as international contacts will be compiled.
During the project the following is planned:
- A clear formulation of the combined competence and relevance for the industry and planning how the competence shall be coordinated.
- Exchange of personal for a short period of time.
- Common contacts with SME.
- Common work in at least 5 prestudies which require special competence from more than one partner.
- Common contacs with at least 2 large enterprises in order to understand how the common research competence is required internationally.
- Common seminar with SME and the three partners.
- Signing a strategical cooperation agreement for further cooperation between the partners.
One person from each of SP, Halmstad University and Jönköping University will attend the other partners for at least 10 working days.
Halmstad University: Tony Larsson Tel: 035 167168
Jönköpings University: Peter Leisner Tel: 010 516 54 45