V2V V2I State of the artThis state-of-the-art survey addresses wireless communication vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure. With infrastructure is here meant roadside equipment. The purpose of this work is to make a survey of the available open information and summarize it in a state-of-the-art document.
Today, wireless links are used for e.g. collecting tolls, telephony, traffic congestion warnings (TCM), positioning (GPS). Wireless communication can be used for safety, efficiency and infotainment tasks. The survey can be used e.g. to identify aspects that are not covered or lack satisfactory solutions or as input to research proposals.
For this survey the following prerequisites apply
- A breadth first search is used
- Active (not passive) safety is addressed i.e. means for avoiding injuries and collisions.
- Traffic efficiency and infotainment are included.
- Relevant organisations are included and sorted.
- Focus on Europe, Japan and USA since they are dominant in the vehicle application area.
- Only projects are considered i.e. time limited tasks.
- Only publicly available web-pages have been considered.
Partners are Chalmers, SP and VTEC.