Explosion ProtectionElectrical and mechanical equipment as well as components intended to be used in potentially explosive atmospheres within EU have to fulfil the ATEX-directive. The IECEx Scheme is a voluntary certification system which facilitates global trade with explosion protected electrical equipment.
SP is a Notified Body according to the ATEX-directive and an Ex Certification Body according to the IECEx Scheme with a wide range of services. SP offers accredited testing and certification of Ex-equipment for use in hazardous areas with risk of explosion caused by flammable gas, vapour or dust.
- Type examination and risk analysis according to the ATEX-directive 94/9/EC for the European market.
- Testing according to the IECEx "Scheme" for the global market
- ATEX and IECEx certification
- Expert consultation concerning requirements etc.
- Pre-testing and voluntary testing
- Advisory service, training, courses
- Assessment of risks, zones, etc. for plants