Building Services EngineeringIn order to reach goals set up to save our global climate, a sustainable, efficient use of resources and energy is necessary.
The activities of the section of Building Services Engineering are focused on efficient energy use from a system perspective in residential, commercial and industrial buildings. We actively participate in the innovation process in corporation with industries and universities by working with applied research, development, technical evaluation and quality assurance, from a component to a system level.
We have competence and work in a number of areas, including:
- Solar energy
- Indoor climate
- District heating and cooling
- Control systems
- Environmental assessments
- Energy efficiency of supermarket refrigeration
- Optimisation of heat pump systems
- Life expectancy of water supply and sewer systems
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Real time simulations
- Fault Detective Diagnose (FDD)
- Influence of human behaviour on energy use
In addition, we work with the transfer of knowledge and research results to the industry and other groups in the society. The Heat Pump Centre – an information centre - is one example of these kinds of activities.